At your dental appointment during COVID-19
During this time of heightened concern over COVID-19 (coronavirus) it is of the utmost importance to us that our patients and staff feel safe while receiving and providing care in our practices. In response to the pandemic, we have established several additional protective measures to reduce the risks posed by the virus.
While some of these measures will add steps and some inconvenience to our care, we hope you understand that these changes are for the protection of you, your fellow patients and our staff. Treatment options may be limited during this time to reduce exposure to COVID-19.
What to Expect Before Your Visit
- A pre-visit call to ask you questions about your current health and dental concern
- We encourage patients to download, print and fill out any needed paperwork from our website prior to appointment to ensure efficient and quick check-in process. Click here to view forms.
- When a patient arrives at the practice, they will be greeted at a triage station outside the practice or just inside the door. On arrival remember to maintain social distance and wait for a staff member to provide your screening. Patients and any escort will have their temperature taken and be asked to use hand sanitizer. Only those who have screened as not having COVID-19 symptoms will be allowed beyond this point at the practice
- Only the patient, and in the case of a minor or disabled patient, only one parent or guardian is allowed to enter the building. If someone will be accompanying a patient, they will be required to wear a mask and use hand sanitizer
What to Expect at Your Visit
- The number of chairs in the waiting room will be reduced to allow for proper social distancing
- Mouthwash and hand sanitizer will be available in every treatment area. Before beginning care the patient will be asked to rinse with antiseptic mouthwash
- Your care delivery team will be wearing gowns, masks, shields and gloves the entire time they are with you. These precautions are for both you and the care team
- After your care is completed, we will walk you to the door and help you schedule any necessary follow-up care
- Any transaction will be handled at the end of each visit. We encourage credit card transactions to limit social contact
- We will gather cash transactions at the front desk in a plastic bag to limit contact
- Your receipt will be mailed to you after the transaction is complete
- Please be patient as we learn from the process and work to improve it. If you have a suggestion share it with the care team
Steps We are Taking to Keep Our Patients and Staff Safe
- Increased training and education for our staff about the importance of proper hand hygiene, usage of face masks and proper use of all other personal protective equipment
- Limiting aerosol producing procedures to the end of the day
- All staff are monitored twice daily for any possible COVID-19 symptoms
- All patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms by phone before their appointments and again upon arrival
- Most patients will have a teledentistry assessment to confirm their need for an office visit
- Dentists are reviewing each patients chart to prioritize care based on need
- Staggering use of treatment areas to minimize social contact
- Limit the number of people allowed in practice at one time
- Limit non-patient guests to only one parent or legal guardian
- Reduced seating in the waiting room to minimize social contact
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your preferred practice location.